Halibut Fletch (Fillet)
- Caught by longline, the main fishing area in Canada is the Hecate Strait, between Vancouver Island and Queen Charlotte Islands
- Medium Fillets are cut from 10/20 lb. head-off fish, and range between 1lb. – 3lb.
- Large Fillets are cut from 20/40lb. head-off fish, and range between 3lb. – 5lb.
- Skin-on Fillets are mainly medium size fillets and range between 2lb. – 6lb.
Handling & Storage
- Store on ice in cooler between 1º to 4º C, allow water to drain
- Do not allow fish to have direct contact with ice or drip water
- Minimum shelf life is 3 days from delivery
Yearly quota is shared between Canada, USA and Russia
- Mild flavour
- Firm texture
- Halibut suits all cooking methods
- Do not overcook – will become dry
- Recipe: Halibut Steamed with Oranges, Tomatoes and Olives
From Our Family to Your Table